Saturday, April 25, 2015

"Hole in my life" 4th quarter 5th blog

Overall for my book "Hole in my life" is a very intense and frightening book. The reason why I say so is because from what Jack Gantos has seen such as rape, killing, beating, and escaping. Jack thought he could make a little bit of a career in prison. But most of the time he was targeted for rape but so happened to be protected by a police officer. Jack was writing his experiences but in the end he could not take the book because it was prison property. So he left it. But at the same time when he left it. I think another prisoner will read it and feel what he went through.

In the end I'd say the theme of the story is "After all, life goes on". The reason why I'd say this is the theme is because even though Jack went to jail and witnessed so many things, he knew that life would go on. When he was sent to jail he was there everyday and life went on. But the big day came along and he was free. The title had the theme in a way. "Hole in my Life" this title shows that Jack Gantos had a gap or a mistake in his life. But he went on. After all, life goes on. I like this book because it shows even though you go through troubles, life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac,

    Thanks for having this published on time. I am still quite unsure about this book and what really happened. Did the series of events go in order or were you, as a reader, trying to put pieces together as you kept reading and reading. He was in prison, he found a book, and this book helped him? How? Maybe in your project it will be more clear.

    ReplyDelete