Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blog 3 "Hole in my Life" 4th quarter

So far in the book I am introduced to a writer named Jack Gantos. He is an aspiring writer looking for something cool, dramatic, thriller, and intensity. Jack worked at such a bad place or a dead end job he said. But he set foot with someone who played him and served up to 6 years in prison. He is now showing how he got their in the first place. And writing about it while he was in prison. That is why he claimed the books name to be "Hole in my life." Jack made a big mistake for what he did to get to this place in life. I will read more to find out what he will do next.

I predict later in the story that Jack is gonna try to escape from the prison. The reason why I say so is because he looks like he need to have another chance outside. To me I've read that people kill each other with cafeteria materials. I think Jack is trying to avoid it. For example on page 4 it states, "Fear of being a target of irrational violence haunted me day and night. The constant tempo of that violence pulsed throughout my body and made me feel small, and weak, and cowardly." This proves that he is trying to leave without a cut, bruise, scar, etc. So I will have to read more of why he feels this way of this jail.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac,
    Wait, the guy is in prison? Why? Your summary is a little confusing, but your second paragraph is great with tons of detail.

    ReplyDelete